GENERAL SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM
There are many visa categories to choose from while applying for Permanent Residency for Australia depending upon your situation, case analysis, one’s educational background, work experience, language profeciancy, spouse education and skilled occupation list (updated from time to time).
Skilled migrants wishing to work in Australia on a permanent basis are assessed on a points based system; with points awarded for work experience, qualifications and language proficiency. Other ways of obtaining immigration visas to Australia include the Australian Family Migration and Humanitarian Programs.
Australia’s economy remains one of the strongest in the world, offering millions of jobs every week, making it an extremely preferred destination for highly skilled young people. It also exhibits that Australian employers require skilled workforce for achieving their organizational goals.
The eligibility of skilled migrants, who desire to immigrate to Australia, is assessed on a point-based system. In this system, points are awarded based on the factor such as age, work experience, qualifications and language proficiency of the prospective applicant.
The applicants need to satisfy the following threshold requirements:
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI).
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Be under 50 years of age at the time of applying for a visa.
- Meet the threshold English language requirement of competent English.
- Have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
Which Visa will I be invited to apply for?
The visa you are invited to apply for – and the time taken to be invited – will depend on factors such as:
- Your points score
- The number of states that have a shortage in your occupation
- The number of people in the pool in your occupation
- Your willingness to live and work in a regional area.