To study in Australia you must have a valid Australian visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Australian Student Visa allows you to study and work in Australia for a period equal to the duration of your Course plus one month (28 days after the last day of class). You must be over 16 to require this visa.

This visa allows you to work legally part time (up to 40 hours every 2 weeks) during courses period and full time during course pauses. Part-time work in Australia (4-5 hours per day) is really well paid and available everywhere: you can cover costs of accommodation, food, transport and still save some money. School schedules will easily combine with your work.

Student Visa Subclasses

  • 570 Independent ELICOS Sector -Stand-alone English courses(ELICOS)
  • 571 Schools-Primary and secondary schools
  • 572 Vocational Education & Training Sector- AQF I, II, III or IV Certificate or Diploma, Diploma or Advanced Diploma
  • 573 Higher Education Sector-Bachelor Degree, or Associate Degree, or Graduate Certificate, or Graduate Diploma, or Master’s degree by course work
  • 574 Postgraduate Research Sector-Master’s degree by research or Doctorate degree
  • 575 Non-Award Sector-non-award studies or other ‘foundation’ or ‘bridging’ courses (other than stand-alone ELICOS) or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award
  • 576 AusAID and Defence Sector-courses sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence