The Parent Visas are for parents who wish to migrate to Australia to be with their children. The application must be sponsored by their children who is Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens and who have been lawfully residing in Australia for a reasonable period (usually two years).

here are several Parent Visa options, with varying processing times and costs. Parents over a certain age may be eligible to apply for an onshore ‘aged parent’ Visa which allows them to remain in Australia on a bridging Visa during processing. All applicants must meet the Balance of Family (BoF) test, which means that at least 50% of their children must be living in Australia as permanent residents, Australian citizens or eligible New Zealand citizens or that more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country. An assurance of support must be paid for in relation to all applications.

Onshore Parent Visas

  • Subclass 804 Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa – for aged parents
  • Subclass 864 Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) Visa
  • Subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa – a two year Parent Visa

Offshore Parent Visas

  • Subclass 103 Parent (Permanent) Visa
  • Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143)
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) – a two years Parent Visa

Applicant should be in Australia when onshore application is lodged and must be aged. Applicant can be in or outside Australia when offshore application is lodged and there is no age requirement and no bridging visa is granted. All onshore applicants must be in Australia when visa is granted and offshore applicants must be outside Australia when visa is granted. The definition of aged for men is 65 years or above or of an age eligible to receive the age pension in Australia, in the case of female applicants. The minimum age will depend on the date of birth of the.